REI MasterCard US Bank Quick Hits
- REI Co-op Mastercard donates $100 to the National Forest Foundation annually on behalf of all account holders
- No annual fee
- Apply at reimastercard.com
- Earn 5% cash back on all REI purchases
- REI Co-op World Mastercard is issued by U.S. Bank National Association
Please note you must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of the United States in order to apply.
Current cardholders who refer a friend will earn a promotional gift.
The REI Co-op World MasterCard
REI is currently offering Co-op members the chance to earn big rewards when signing up for the REI MasterCard. This offer is limited to REI Co-op members only. New cardholders can receive up to $200 in REI Gift cards if approved for the credit card and spending requirements are completed. Luckily for REI fans, the spending requirements are extremely easy to complete. This offer is going to be a must for many REI shoppers.
Earning $200 In REI Gift Cards – REI MasterCard MyOffer
This offer is currently available to selected REI Co-op members. Customers will receive a letter invitation which includes your offer confirmation code. The current offer provides two separate reward spending requirements. First, to receive a $100 REI Gift Card, customers will need to make a purchase on their new card within the first 60 days of opening their account. Additionally, if customers spend $1,000 in the first 90 days of opening their new account they will be eligible for a second $100 REI Gift Card.
This is a fantastic offer for REI fans. The first $100 is earned simply by making any purchase on your new card. There are no minimum spending requirements. The second $100 is earned when completing a very low spending requirement of $1,000. For most consumers, this will be very easy to achieve. The return rate on this offer is about 20% which is incredible for a credit card offer.
Applying For The REI MasterCard
As you can see, the confirmation code you received will be necessary in order to access your application. Furthermore, customers will also have to provide their zip code. Upon providing this information you will be transferred to your application through US Bank.
Much of the application will already be completed with your information. Consumers will need to complete any remaining blank fields and agree to the terms and conditions before their application is completed. Once submitted, most credit decisions will be provided right away.
REI World MasterCard – Features and Benefits
The sign-up offer for this credit card is going to be more than enough for many consumers. It is not clear which REI Co-op Members will receive this offer but even the non-targetted REI public offer provides a $100 gift card. Cardholders will need to make a purchase in the first 60 days to receive their reward just like the targeted offer. In addition to the sign-up bonus, customers will also enjoy:
- 5% back for all REI purchases using their card
- 1% back for all other purchases they make on their card
- 5% back is on top of the REI dividend co-op members already receive
- REI donates to the National Forest Foundation with every purchase
- 0% introductory APR for the first 18 billing cycles (including balance transfers)
- Zero annual fee
Perhaps the most impressive thing about this offer is that the REI MasterCard does not include an annual fee. For many consumers, this card is going to be a great way to earn big rewards with REI without any additional cost to them.
REI Mastercard Payment Option?
- Mail: U.S. Bank P.O. Box 790408 St Louis, MO 63179-0408
- REI Credit Card Payment via Phone: 1-877-734-8742 or 1-701-461-2932
- Mobile banking: REI Co-op Mastercard Cardmembers enrolled in Online Banking can make a payment 24/7 from their smartphone
- Click here to learn about Automatic Bill Pay
When making an REI credit card payment via US Mail please be sure to include your account number in the memo section of the check.
REI Mastercard Foreign Transaction Fees?
- Foreign Transaction fee: 2% of each foreign purchase transaction or foreign ATM advance transaction in U.S. Dollars
- 3% for each foreign purchase transaction or foreign ATM advance transaction in a Foreign Currency
REI Credit Card Customer Service
- REI Co-op World Mastercard CALL: 1-877-734-6060 Outside the United States: 1-701-461-0147 (call collect)
- REI Co-op Platinum Mastercard CALL: 1-877-734-8742 Outside the United States: 1-701-461-2932 (call collect)
Final Thoughts – REI MasterCard
Overall, this card is a great option for consumers who love the outdoors and REI. As mentioned above, this card is only available for REI Co-op members. If you are not a co-op member but are interested in becoming a member you can do so in the store. Once you are a co-op member you will automatically receive dividends based on the purchases you make each year. Co-op members will also have special access to sales and gear.
The $200 REI Gift Card sign up bonus is a targeted offer. With this said, even the $100 public offer has a lot of value. The extremely low spending requirements make this a great deal for all consumers. The only downside to this card is that it does charge a foreign transaction fee when used abroad. To avoid this fee, we would recommend using a travel credit card when abroad. Overall, the zero annual fee and 5% back at REI alone are great benefits for frequent REI shoppers. Have you been offered the $200 sign up bonus with REI? Let us know in the comments below!
REI Card Helpful Links:
REI was founded in 1938 and is an American retail and outdoor recreation services corporation.