Fortiva Credit Card
- Billed as an unsecured Mastercard targeted at people with subprime credit
- Comes with $0 fraud liability and an EMV chip to reduce counterfeit risk
- Apply or learn more at fortivacreditcard com
In order to apply, you must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of the United States.
This card is designed for consumers with a not so great credit rating who are looking to make improvements via on-time credit card payments.
If you have a stellar credit score you are on the wrong page and should check out our “best card back credit cards” write up.
If you do have a not so ideal credit score please read on.
Fortiva Card Highlights and Lowlights
- Reports to all three major bureaus
- Your credit score will be available in your online account 60 days after your account is opened
- No security deposit required
- Annual fee? You bet ya… $49 to $175 for the first year, then $0 to $49 every year thereafter
- No sign-up bonus – No rewards program
- $25 one-time program fee when you open an account
- $60 to $159 annual maintenance fee after the first year (billed at $5.00 to $12.50 per month)
As you can see the Fortiva credit card is loaded with fees.
Fortiva Credit Card Reviews
- CardCruncher.com: 1.5 out of 5 – Review by Kailey Fralick
- SuperMoney: – Review by states “So, should you get a credit card or personal loan from Fortiva Financial? It will depend on your situation”
- CreditKarma does not provide an official review but there is a forum type review at creditkarma.com/question/has-anyone-heard-of-fortiva-credit-company
On top of the lackluster reviews, there are literally dozens of “do not recommend” comments across the web. Here are a few examples:
“Do not accept this card. They never reported to the credit bureaus and therefore I had to close my acct. High APR and fees are ridiculous. Totally regret accepting this card. They never send notifications of purchases or payments as statet on their website. Customer service is the worst, they are nasty and dont care about the customer. I asked to speak to a manager and was told I would get a call but never did. BEWARE!!”
“This card is essentially a payday loan made of plastic. Please get a secured card if you can’t get prime yet. No rewards for those high fees.” – Blackswizz750
Fortiva Card Servicing Customer Service
- Address: Fortiva P.O. Box 105555 Atlanta, GA 30348-5555
- Phone: 1-800-245-7741
Fortiva Credit Card Login Issues?: Any technical issues that arise when attempting to access a Fortiva credit card account online can be directed to toll-free 1-800-245-7741.
Fortiva Credit Card Final Verdict
Based on online reviews and research we have decided not to recommend the Fortiva credit card.
The fees associated with the Fortiva card are just too much and too many.
There are much better options out there for consumers looking to rebuild their credit score via on-time credit card payments.
climatex.org Best Credit Cards for Bad Credit?
- OlloCard: A great pick for the consumer who is in the final rounds of rebuilding their credit rating
- BlazeCC or BlazeCC.com: The Blaze MasterCard is one credit card designed for subprime consumers